African Serengeti Great Migration Safari 2022
Trip 1: March 12-19,2022 (8 Days, 7 Nights)
Trip 2: March 19-26,2022 ( 8 Days, 7 Nights)
Led by Tahuayo Lodge Owner Dolly Beaver & Tour Leader Nelly Pinedo
Interested in joining us for this expedition? Let us know here!
Throughout this journey, you will get to experience the majesty of the great African Serengeti Migration. The highlights of the trip include:
A trek into the center of the Ngorongoro Crater alongside several guides
Several days of Safari rides alongside zebras, wildebeests, elephants, lions, and so much more during the peak migration season
During your trip, you will experience many locations in Africa. Amazonia aims to provide you with the best experience, and so will be traveling to the following locations for accommodations. Please note that locations are subject to change with equivalent accommodations based on availability.
- We strongly recommend you arrive at the Kilimanjaro Airport on the KLM evening flight.
- Upon arrival, we will have a meet and greet at the airport before departing for the Lake Duluti Serena Lodge.
Arusha – Ngorongoro Crater
- From the Lake Duluti Serena lodge, we will head to the Ngorongoro Crater on our range rovers (5-6 people per vehicle). On the way there, you will pass Lake Manyara, the village of Mto
waMbu, climb up the great rift valley, and pass through the town of Karatu before reaching the Ngorongoro Conservation area. The crater is 2000 feet deep,and is considered to be the 8th wonder of the world. Ngorongoro Crater is the largest intact caldera in the world and has an abundance of wildlife on the crater floor.
- We will spend the night in the Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
- After breakfast, the group will descend with the range rovers into the crater for a full day of viewing the spectacular concentration of
wildlife. You will drive across the dense forest and near the alkaline lake while viewing a variety of birds.
- A picnic lunch is included for this day.
- At the end of the day, the group will drive back from the 2000 ft. deep crater to spend a second night at the Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
Ngorongoro Crater – Serengeti National Park
- At 6:30 am the group will head for Ndutu through the Olduvai Gorge and take a short walk through the Museum of Man on the way. Later on, you will head out on a safari drive in the Ndutu Conservation area. We expect to find the bulk of the migratory herd (2 million animals) in this area, so keep your cameras out!
- In the afternoon we will have another safari drive in the Ndutu area before spending the night at the Ndutu Safari Lodge.
- The group will be spending the entirety of this day on a safari drive in the Ndutu Conservation area and will be provided with a picnic lunch.
- At the end of the day, we will return to the Ndutu Safari Lodge for a second night.
Serengeti National Park
- In the morning, we will depart for the Serengeti National Park which is famed for flay vistas allowing for great views of the annual migration of wildlife. More than 350,000 zebra and 50,000 Thomson’s gazelle join the massive wildebeest herd migrating to find fresh grazing on this spectacular migration. Some 40,000
zebralead the trek, braying with excitement, and typically enter the central Serengeti plain in early March. In addition to the migratory herd, the Serengeti offers the most scintillating wildlife-viewing in all of Africa: great herds of water buffalo, elephant and giraffe, and thousands upon thousands of eland, topi, kongoni, impala and Grant’s gazelle. Golden-maned lion prides feast on the abundance of plain grazers. Solitary leopards haunt the acacia trees lining the Seronera River, while a high density of cheetahs prowls the southeastern plains. But there is more to the Serengeti than large mammals, as we also find interesting reptiles and over 500 species of birds.
- At the end of this exciting safari day, we will head to the Serengeti Serena Lodge for the night.
Serengeti National Park
- We will spend the entirety of this day on another exciting safari drive in the Serengeti National Park before returning to the
Serengeti Serena Lodge for the night.
Serengeti National Park – Kilimanjaro Airport
- After an early breakfast, at 8:00 am depart from the lodge driving through the Serengeti and Ndutu for one last safari through the route of the great migration.
- Arrival at Arusha for
farewellbuffet at Kia lodge and then transfer to JRO in time for your 9:45pmKLM flight.
Reserve Your Expedition Today!
$4950.00 per person (double occupancy)
For a single room + $950.00
Includes all but International flights (we can help to find discount air)
- Prices for park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safaris
- All the passengers must have an Identification Card/Passport with them
- Itinerary subject to changes only if beyond our control
- Reservation made with deposit of $1000 per person
- Payment can be made by credit card on our PayPal site
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=agentlink&arc=51868&agentlinkasp=yes
This Trip Includes:
- Meet and greet services
- All meals except in airport when traveling
- Seat in vehicle safari
EXCLUSIVE4×4 vehicle with photo roof (5- 6 people per vehicle)
- Services of an English-speaking driver and guides
- Guaranteed window seat
- Game drives and crater tour
- All accommodations and meals as specified
- All park fees and government taxes
- Mineral water during safari drives
This Trip DOES NOT Include:
- International flights
- Driver, guide, or local escort tips
- Drinks and dining rooms tips, porterage, personal travel and baggage insurance Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Medical, evacuation, or travel insurance
Our time in the jungle was an absolute highlight on our trip to Peru! Truly amazing! …Again, we had the most wonderful time. Almost more than words can say. The jungle and the Tahuayo Lodge hold very special places in our hearts and CAN NOT WAIT to return. Thank you again for offering such an amazing trip.
Our trip was INCREDIBLE. The lodge was great, the food was amazing, and the staff were all so friendly. We loved our stays at the B&B, the main lodge, and the ARC.
Tia & Paula
It was incredible and a trip of a lifetime Paul! My sister Paula and I had an amazing time and loved everything — your facilities and staff are top notch and I want to come back with my husband and daughters!!