Bhutan 2021 – Nepal Trip Extension
with Amazonia Expeditions Trip Leader Edward Yount
November 5-November 10, 2021 (6 days 5 nights)
This trip is available for $1790 per person, with a 15-traveler limit.
We look forward to guiding you on this adventure!
Group Size: 15 Traveler Limit
Interested in joining us for this cultural experience? Let us know here!
Kathmandu – Paro – Thimpu – Punakha – Paro
The highlights of the trip include:
Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang).
Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the country built in 1627
Taktsang Monastery, one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries, perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the Paro valley floor
Arrive at Paro/Thimphu, Bhutan
- After breakfast in Kathmandu, transfer to the Airport to connect flight to Paro (1-hour flight). On arrival in Paro drive to Thimphu (1.5-hour drive).
- The flight to Paro is one of the most spectacular in entire Himalayas. Upon arrival you will be met by our representative, and afterwards drive to Thimphu, the capital town of Bhutan with en-route stop at Chuzom, the confluence of Thimphu and Paro rivers. On arrival in Thimphu, check into the hotel (7611 ft / 2320 m).
- In the afternoon drive to visit Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang). Located at a short drive from Thimphu city center, visitors can get a good overview of the Thimphu valley from the Buddha point (Kuensel Phodrang).Accommodation: Hotel Kisa / Phuntsho Pelri / Similar
- Enjoy visit of Thimpu including following: National Library, Institute for Zorig Chusum, Textile Museum, and the Folk Heritage Museum.
- Lunch is followed by a city tour that includes: Memorial Chorten, and colorful handicrafts shops. Conclude the tour of the day with a visit of Trashichhoe Dzong, “fortress of the glorious religion”. This is the center of government and religion, site of monarch’s throne room and seat of Je Khenpo or Chief Abbot.Accommodation: Hotel Kisa / Phuntsho Pelri / Similar
Thimpu to Punakha
- Drive to Punakha (3.5-hour drive) with a short stop at Dochula pass (10,105 ft / 3,080m) stopping briefly here to take in the view and admire the chorten, mani wall, and prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road. If skies are clear, beautiful peaks can be seen from this pass. Visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the country built in 1627 which now houses the School for Buddhist studies.
- Continue drive to Punakha the former capital of Bhutan and still the winter seat of Je Khenpo (the chief abbot). On arrival in Punakha, transfer to hotel (3937 feet / 1200 m). Later enjoy visit to Punakha Dzong.Accommodation: Meri Puensum Resort / Damchen / Similar
Punakha / Paro
- Return to Paro (4.5 hour drive). On the way, enjoy excursion to Chimi Lhakhang temple. This temple is also known as the temple of fertility. After the visit, Continue drive to Paro
- Paro – Is home to many of Bhutan’s oldest temples and monasteries, National Museum and country’s only airport. On arrival in Paro, transfer to the hotel. Later I the day enjoy visit to some historical sites (Ta Dzong and Rinpung Dzong) and take a visit to a local Bhutanese farmhouse and family.Accommodation: The Village Lodge / Tashi Phuntshok /Similar
- Today we will enjoy an excursion to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest). This is one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries, perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the Paro valley floor. It is said that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery and hence it is called “Tiger’s Nest”. The excursion to monastery takes about 5 hours for round trip
- Later drive north of Paro valley to ruins of Drukgyel Dozng. From this fort Bhutanese repelled several invasions by Tibetan armies. Nearby visit traditional Bhutanese Farm House which offers good insight into lifestyle of local people.
- While return to Paro town visit en route Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom.
Accommodation The Village Lodge / Tashi Phuntshok /Similar
Paro Departure/Return to Kathmandu
- Early in the morning, transfer to the Airport to connect to flight back to Kathmandu.Meals: Breakfast
End of Services
Reserve Your Expedition Today!
Deposit – $500
$1790 per person in double occupancy room
Single room supplement $250
Kathmandu / Paro / Kathmandu – Airfare cost is $500.
(Airfare Cost is subject to change)
Contact us about this.
- Itinerary subject to changes only if beyond our control
- Reservation made with a deposit of $500 per person
- Balance is due by August 1, 2020
- Payment can be made by credit card on our PayPal site
Cancellation Policy: 50% of cost up to 120 days before departure. Purchase of travel and evacuation insurance is required. https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=agentlink&arc=51868&agentlinkasp=yes
This Trip Includes:
- Double twin room on sharing basis
- Daily breakfast
- All ground transportation as detailed in the itinerary using Non – Ac Vehicle
- English Speaking Guide
- Packed Picnic Lunch at Yamdrok
- Bhutan Visa
- Monument entrances
- Currently applicable taxes
This Trip DOES NOT Include:
- Any airfares
- Any expenditure of personal nature such as drinks, tips, laundry, telephone charges etc.
- Any new tax imposed by the Govt.
Our time in the jungle was an absolute highlight on our trip to Peru! Truly amazing! …Again, we had the most wonderful time. Almost more than words can say. The jungle and the Tahuayo Lodge hold very special places in our hearts and CAN NOT WAIT to return. Thank you again for offering such an amazing trip.
Our trip was INCREDIBLE. The lodge was great, the food was amazing, and the staff were all so friendly. We loved our stays at the B&B, the main lodge, and the ARC.
Tia & Paula
It was incredible and a trip of a lifetime Paul! My sister Paula and I had an amazing time and loved everything — your facilities and staff are top notch and I want to come back with my husband and daughters!!